The overall cost of living index in Lufkin, Texas is 88, which is 3% lower than the Texas average and 12% lower than the national average. The cost of living index is calculated from the average cost of goods/services, groceries, health care, housing, transportation and utilities in the area.
Goods/services and housing make up the majority of the overall cost of living index. Everyday goods and services can be a good indicator of the general cost of goods in a given city. The goods and services in Lufkin are 2% higher than the Texas average and equal to the national average costs.
- The cost of living in Lufkin is 3% lower than the Texas average and 12% lower than the national average.
- The cost of housing in Lufkin is 37% lower than the national average.
- Texas has no state income tax.
Lufkin’s cost of living index (national average measures 100%):
Goods & Services 100%
Health Care 95%
Cost of Living
- Median Household Income $37,775
- Mean Household Income $54,726
- Per Capita Income$20,341
- Median Home value is $81,300