Texas Forest Country Partnership
P. O. Box 747
Lufkin, Texas 75901
The Texas Forest Country Partnership is a regional economic development organization that coordinates economic development-related activities in East Texas on behalf of a 12-county area. The partnership includes Angelina, Houston, Jasper, Nacogdoches, Newton, Polk, Sabine, San Augustine, San Jacinto, Shelby, Tyler, and Trinity counties. Other counties may be included on specific projects.
The Texas Forest Country Partnership brings together industry leaders, concerned citizens, public officials, and government agencies from the represented counties to advance initiatives important to our region. These include,
- The promotion of new and expanded primary employer payrolls;
- The development of East Texas as a transportation hub;
- The development of important roads and highways;
- Support in developing a strong tourism industry;
- The development of a strengthened rural health care delivery system;
- The perpetuation and wise use of our natural resources;
- The promotion of strong educational facilities;
- The initiation of an annual economic summit;
- The fair allocation of water resources; and
- Representation of East Texas issues in Austin and Washington.